donderdag 16 november 2023

Memorytapes | Nits | Dapperstreet

"In the Winter of 1983/1984 we were touring in Holland (for the first time in theatres at the invitation of the Cultural Youth Passport) and we did a lot of radio and tv promotion for the single Sketches of Spain of our album Kilo I was living in Amsterdam East, in the Dapperbuurt and in the beginning of the Eighties they started to tear down the old houses the neighbourhood. I started filming the demolishing most of the time from my window. The place where I made the demo’s on my keyboards. In this video you see the houses nearby fall down and when I saw the images again I was schocked by the lack of protection the working men had when they tore down the houses. While the houses fell, we were building our Werf studio and they painted our faces to make us famous and beautiful…in the radio studio Frits Spits (a famous radioman) and I were talking about ‘De Dapperstraat’ the poem of J.C.Bloem."

..... "Dit heb ik bij mijzelven overdacht, Verregend, op een miezerigen morgen, Domweg gelukkig, in de Dapperstraat." ~ J.C. Bloem


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten